Description: 32 channel land mobile portables, the F3S is VHF version and the F4S is the UHF version. Includes CTCSS and DCS encode/decode, priority scan, 5/1 watt (VHF) and 4/1 watt (UHF). Full keypad and limited keypad versions available.
Radio was chosen (F3S) by the US Army for their Soldier Intercom program in 1998.
IC-F3 & IC-F4 SPECIFICATIONS
- Frequency coverage (Varies according to version) (Mhz)
IC-F3 136.000 -150.000
146.000 - 174.000
IC-F4 400.000 - 430.000
440.000 - 470.000
- Mode: 16KOF3E (25 kHz type) 8KOF3E (12.5 kHz type)
- Number of channels: 32 (16 channels x 2 banks)
- Power supply requirement: 9.6 V DC (negative ground)
- Current drain
Tx High Power 2.0 A Low power 1.0 A Rx Rated audio 300 mA Standby 60 mA
- Frequency stability:
- ± 0.0005% (EIA)
- ± 1500 Hz (ETS/CEPT)
- Usable temperature range:
- +14°F to +140°F (EIA)
- -10°C to +55°C (ETS/CEPT)
- Dimensions (proj. not included):
- 57(W) x 140(H) x 37(D) mm
- 2(W) x 5(H) x 1 15/32 (D) in
- Weight (with antenna and battery): 390 g (13.8 oz)
- Output power: (at 9.6 V DC)
IC-F3 5 W or 1 W IC-F4 4 W or 1 W
- Modulation system: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Max. frequency deviation:
- +/- 5.0 kHz (25 kHz type)
- +/- 2.5 kHz (12.5 kHz type)
- Spurious emissions:
70 dB typical (EIA)
- 0.25 MW (ETS/CEPT)
- Adjacent channel power:
- 70 dB (25 kHz type)
- 60 dB (12.5 kHz type)
- External mic. connector:
- 3-conductor 2.5 (d) mm
- (1/10")/2 k ohms
Measurements made in accordance with EIA/TIA-152-C, 204D, 603 or ETS-300-086 or CEPT T/R 24.
- Receive system: Double-conversion superheterodyne
- Intermed. freq. (F3/F4)
1st 31.05/46.35 MHz 2nd 450 kHz
- Sensitivity (typ.; F3/F4)
for 12 dB SINAD 0.25/0.3 µV EMF: for 20 dB SINAD 0.63/0.79 µV
- Squelch sensitivity (typ.; F3/F4) : 0.25/0.3 mV (at threshold)
- Adjacent channel selectivity: 70 dB (25 kHz type) 60dB (12.5 kHz type)
- Spurious response rejection: 70 dB
- Intermodulation rejection: 65 dB
- Audio output power (at 9.6 V DC): 300 mW (typical at5% distortion with an 8 ohm load)
- External speaker connector: 3-conductor 3.5 (d) mm (1/8")/8 ohm
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
- BC-110A/D/V WALL CHARGER
Regularly charges the connected battery pack.
- BC-119 DESKTOP CHARGER + AD-81 CHARGER ADAPTER
For rapid charging of battery packs. An AC adapter is supplied with the charger. Charging time: 1 to 1.5 hrs.
- BC-121 MULTI-CHARGER + AD-81 CHARGER ADAPTER
For rapid charging up to 6 battery packs simultaneously. An AC adapter may be supplied depending on version. Six AD-81Ìs are necessary. Charging time: 1 to 1.5 hrs.
- BP-194 BATTERY CASE
Battery case for AA(R6) x 8 batteries.
- BP-195/BP-196 BATTERY PACKS
BP-195: 9.6 V/700mAh; BP-196: 9.6 V/1050 mAh
- HM-46 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE
Slim dimensions. Equipped with an earphone jack and a transmit indicator.
- HM-54 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE
For operation while conveniently hanging the transceiver from you belt, etc. Max. input power: 5 W.
- HM-75A SPEAKER-MICROPHONE
Allows you to remotely select operating channels, etc.
- HS-51 HEADSET
For hands-free operation. Includes VOX, PTT and "one-touch" PTT with a time-out timer.
- OPC-254L DC POWER CABLE
Allows you to charge a battery pack connected to the transceiver via a DC power source (13.5 to 16 V DC). For charging Only the transceiver cannot be simultaneously operated.
- OPC-474 CLONING CABLE
Used for radio-to-radio data cloning.
- SP-13 EARPHONE
Provides clear audio in noisy environments.
- UT-80 2-TONE UNIT
Provides the transceiver with 2-tone decode capability.
- UT-96 5-TONE UNIT
Provides the transceiver with 5-tone encode/decode capabilities.